PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. It is a server-side scripting language mainly used for Web development. PHP was developed first by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994. PHP has both procedure programming language and OOP language features.
Advantages of PHP –
– It is Open source – developed and maintained by a large group of PHP developers.
– It is relatively fast since it uses much system resource
– Can be run on many platforms, including Windows, Linux and Mac
– PHP is dynamic. PHP works in combination of HTML to display dynamic elements on the page. PHP only parses code within its delimiters, such as.
– MySQL is used with PHP as back-end tool. MySQL is the popular online database and can be interfaced very well with PHP.
For website development, PHP is THE tool for all its advantages.
In our upcoming blog posts, we will post more about PHP and resources to learn it.